Learn to identify native gourmet and wild mushrooms of Minnesota and join us into the wild to learn how to identify and track wild fungi. Learn the best areas to go by reading different types of maps, what environments they like best and most importantly how to identify the safe ones from the poisonous. These wild mushroom hunts (also called a silent hunt) or forays are lead by a USDA Certified Wild Food Forager with multiple years of experience.
- Learn to read various types of maps to see what the best places to go are.
- Learn from trained professionals how to tell the good ones from the lookalikes
- Meet others in the community with similar interests.
- Visit an urban mushroom farm
- Taste mushrooms found in the wild (Wild foraged mushrooms guaranteed) - added cost)
- Learn to cook wild mushrooms for the best flavor and utilize their unique textures.
- Learn how to properly clean and store your mushrooms and how to prepare them for long term storage.
- Join all members at an urban mushroom farm making gourmet pizza and a movie on the patio - added cost